Prešeren’s day in TMS and MPT
8. February @ 09:00 - 17:00| Free
On Saturday, 8th of February 2020, we invite you to visit the Technical museum of Slovenia and Museum of post and telecommunications. The Technical museum of Slovenia will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m and the Museum of post and telecommunications will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The doors of all cultural institutions in Slovenia are traditionally open today to the public in honor of France Prešeren, one of Slovenia’s finest poets, who died on 8th of February, 1800. Due to the celebration of birth of France Prešeren the entrance in both museums is free of charge.
Programme of the Technical museum of Slovenia in Bistra near Vrhnika:
- 10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 14.00, 15.00 in 16.00: Guided tour of the temporary exhibition “Man on the Moon”
- 11.00, 12.00 in 13.00: Guided tour of the temporary exhibition “East of Eden – Jugoton 1947–1991”
- 11.00: Guided tour for families
- 14.00, 15.00 in 16.00: Demonstration of Nikola Tesla’s experiments
The entire program is totally free. Museum will be open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m (last entrance at 4 p.m.). More information: www.tms.si, +386 1 750 66 70.
Programme of the Museum of Post and Telecommunications:
- 11:00, 14:00: Guided tour of museum’s permanent collections and a short introduction of Polhov Gradec castle
- From 14.00 until 16.00: Thematic workshops for children
The Museum of Post and Telecommunications will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m (last entrance at 4 p.m.). The entrance is free of charge. More information:
www.tms.si, +386 1 364 00 83.