Slovene Hunting Museum
The origins of this collection, the TMS’ oldest, reach back to 1947, although its first public presentation came six years later. This museum was given its present countenance back in 1975, and plans are afoot for a renovation over the coming years. For decades now, the museum has been sponsored by the Hunting Association of Slovenia, a body which, through its expert and financial assistance, has played an active and important part in the museum’s development.
The collection contains more than 3,000 exhibits, including numerous taxidermic specimens, trophies, hunting weapons and other such accessories, as well as a wealth of old records, medals and postcards. The permanent collection is primarily based on actual specimens and is complemented by expert accounts and written records on hunting and wildlife.