The first timber-processing exhibits at Bistra were contemporaneous with the forestry collection which opened in 1953. As a matter of fact, the woodworking department is a most logical supplement to the forestry one, and covers the conversion of raw trunks (logs) into semi-manufactured and manufactured products. The outdoor exhibits comprise of the water-powered Venetian and veneer sawmills, both of which stand beside the karstic source of the Bistra stream. The other collections, all of which are inside the main museum complex, feature an exhibition of tools and machinery used in timber processing, saw milling and furniture making. The first four rooms offer presentations of the carpenter’s, wheelwright’s and cooper’s trades; this is followed by a section covering the production of traditional suha roba woodenware and related utensils, and ends with a perspective of the joiner’s trade.